Wednesday, June 9, 2010

did you hear the one about...?

I scan the latest story. 30 something gets 13yr old girl pregnant and she has a self done abortion, with a pencil. A fuckin pencil! The only time I used a pencil when I was 13, was when I had to take out a trusty #2 in order to take a test. There was always, 'that girl' in school. The one who knew more than she should have about certain things. In my school she was 'dating' the 20-something drug dealer. You don't think about the legalities at that age. It's just unfair to you that somebody has that much of an advantage when you're trying to get some. What troubles me now is this fascination we have with these types of stories. I used to get disgusted, outraged, horrified. I've know too many girls in my life who have been taken advantage of sexually, raped, molested. I've seen the damage it does to families, and children. I would despise the perpetrator, the cousin, neighbor, classmate, uncle...trusted professional. It seems sometimes that there are more of them, then there are of us. Keeping a watchfule eye on the media, I wanted to track this story back to the source. I've played the telephone game, and seen how things get twisted. Facts become thin as the either when outrage and fury take hold. I found various boards repeating this "new" story. Comments that ran from blaming the teen, to death threats for the responsible adult. It will probably reach CNN in a day or two. But I'm fed y'all. Tired. Weary. Here I am on my soapbox again for who's benefit? Fuck you.

No comments:

Post a Comment