Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank a Vet


If it weren't for thousands of men and women who gave their life, I wouldn't be able to sit here talking the shit I do. If it weren't for thousands of fallen Americans I might be speaking Russian as my native language. If it weren't for the veterans of today and yesterday, the world I know now might not exist. Thank you all for your tireless efforts to preserve the American way of life. I appreciate this country, while still nursing the black eye it has left me with. I embrace the freedoms it has offered me, while never taking my eye off of those in power who would trample upon my rights. In every fighting force, there are the Lee Harvey's, the John Allen Muhammed's, and the Maj. Hasan's. Soldiers who for one reason or another lost their way, and move on to threatening the lives they once took an oath to protect. I could never take up arms for a country. Even one that has been so good to me. I will protect my family, and the lives of loved ones around me. Maybe it's a selfish streak to say that. I can't envision what it takes to offer up myself for some schmuck who doesn't care one way weather I live or die. One who would protest against my action miles away because they see a few pics of sad kids. I support our troops, and appreciate the service. I pray for the families missing a brother, father, sister or mother. And I hope for a day when this can all be a faded memory, when there are no wars left to fight that require more than a joystick and game consul. May the Lord be with us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment